Before we begin, it’s important to note that the production and sale of infused cannabis products may be restricted in some legal states, and may require a license or permit. It’s important to follow all local laws and regulations regarding the production and distribution of cannabis-infused products.
To make infused nerd ropes, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 package of Nerd candies
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cannabis-infused coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon citric acid
- Food coloring (optional)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Wax paper
- Cooking thermometer
- Small saucepan
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
Here are the steps to make infused nerd ropes:
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the Nerd candies into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the corn syrup, sugar, and citric acid. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil.
- Once the mixture is boiling, add the cannabis-infused coconut oil and stir until it is fully incorporated.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add food coloring, if desired.
- Pour the mixture over the Nerd candies and stir until the candies are fully coated.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and shape it into long ropes using your hands. You can also use a silicone rope mold to create more uniform shapes.