YOU MUST DECARB YOUR MARIJUANA FIRST
Infused oils are a great way to add thc and aroma to your cooking. Here is a simple method for making infused oil:
- 1 cup of high-quality oil (such as olive, grapeseed, coconut. or avocado oil) “We recommend coconut for a smooth gummy or final product“
- 3.5g of decarded marijuana (Learn how here)
- Choose your oil and herbs. It’s important to use high-quality oil and fresh, dried herbs to ensure the best flavor and safety.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over low to medium heat until it reaches a temperature of 180-200°F. This will help to release the flavors of the herbs to infuse.
- Add the herbs to the warm oil and stir to combine. (Mix for about 15-20 mins, a crockpot is great for this!)
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Strain the infused oil through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth into a clean, airtight container. Be sure to press on the solids to extract as much oil as possible.
- Store the infused oil in a cool, dark place for up to 2 weeks.
- The THC mg is dependent on your bud/shake from the start.
- 25% tested thc bud will yield around 250mg per gram. So 3.5g of 25% thc bud will make around 875 mg’s per one cup of oil